Director of Computational Biology – Cancer Immunology – Global Team
We are pleased to announce an exclusive new opening for a Director of Computational Biology Discovery Research to support, develop and discover biomarker-supported new therapeutic concepts for Cancer Immunology
US. You will provide strong organisational, scientific and technological leadership of the US Research Comp Bio Organisation to support New Therapeutic Concepts and discover novel targets to enable early and robust molecule development. You will support all relevant Therapeutic Areas as well as lead the global strategy for Cancer immunology and will ensure future competitive positions through managing and integrating new technology initiatives and data.
You will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of their products to patients and customers and will collaborate internationally in a company that offers meaningful work, networking, competitive compensation and benefit programs and a great work-life balance.
This role would suit someone who has worked in a leadership role in a Pharma/Biotech company with strong experience in Bioinformatics/CompBio, Target Identification/Translational Biomarker Identification, and specific experience within Cancer Immunology projects.
Your main responsibilities as Director of Comp Bio will involve:
– Contributing to the development of Cancer Immunology Research TA strategies, especially target identification and validation
– Identifying translational biomarkers to enable rapid clinical progression around testing novel therapeutic concepts
– Integrates genomics data and bioinformatics tools to drive innovation in the TA portfolio by working on collaborations internally and externally
– Interface with Comp Bio experts, IT and other functions globally to ensure the TA bioinformatics needs are met
– Influencing the strategic direction/plan for Comp Bio and managing the US department operating budget
The ideal Director should meet the following requirements:
– PhD from an accredited institution with minimum eight (8) years’ experience in biochemistry/immunology/molecular biology and/or genomics with technical expertise in informatics, with strong insights into immunology and cancer immunology preferred
– At least 5 years’ leadership experience as well as working in global matrix organisations
– Recognized expertise through publications and presentations in the area of computational biology with knowledge of target discovery, biomarker discovery and development
– Strong Industry experience preferred with additional academic experience accepted.
– Candidate needs to have demonstrated achievement in impacting pipeline and or development of scientific strategies via Computational Biology
– Deep scientific knowledge in a discipline such as Biochemistry, Pharmacology and Informatics including application to computational biology and ability to apply this to the design and development of NTCs and Biomarker discovery; must have a proven track record of applying computational biology from a very early project stage through PoCP.
For a confidential discussion please contact Eugene Mc Daid on +44 (0) 121 616 3475 and my email
Keywords: Director, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Cancer Immunology, Oncology, Immune Modulation, Immunotherapy, Leadership, Manager, Head of, PhD, target, biomarker, identification, translational, pre-clinical, pipeline, R, Python, Pharmacology, Biochemistry, therapeutic area, Next Generation Sequencing, Pharmaceutical, United States, Connecticut,
Paramount Recruitment Limited provides services as an agency and an employment business. We regularly have similar roles in this area. Please see our website for details or send your CV in to us to find out the latest opportunities.
Job Reference: EM/DIR/CI/RF_1525839695
Broadcast As: 117
Salary To: Negotiable
Job Type: Full Time
Job Term: Permanent
Recruitment Consultant: Eugene McDaid