Global Head Computational Biology Discovery Research -Germany
Paramount Recruitment are excited to be working with an international pharmaceutical company based in Germany. We are pleased to announce an exclusive new opening for a Global Head Computational Biology Discovery Research to support, develop and discover biomarker-supported new therapeutic concepts for a variety of different therapeutic areas.
This role has become available due to a successful internal promotion, and we are seeking the strongest talent within Computational Biology to take on this influential post.
You will provide strong organisational, technology and scientific leadership of the global Discovery Research Computational Biology Organisation to support development of New Therapeutic Concepts, discovery of biomarkers, to enable early and robust development of molecules towards start of development and to support subsequent proof of clinical principle. Therapy areas include central nervous system, cancer immunology, cardio metabolic disease and respiratory.
Working alongside groups based in Europe and the US, you will also have close interfaces with Therapeutic Areas and Translational Medicine and Clinical Pharmacology, to ensure a coordinated and smooth progression of projects towards proof of clinical principle. You will ensure future competitive positions through management and integration of new technology initiatives and data, both internal and external, in alignment with the overall aspiration of the Innovation Unit. You will be expected to provide a plan and lead the implementation to develop the global Computational Biology Organisation into an area of strength and differentiation.
Candidates should demonstrate a background working within the pharmaceutical and academic industries, providing strategic support and experience with external collaborations.
Tasks & responsibilities
* Global responsibility for Discovery Research computational biology including internal technology infrastructure. Provide scientific, technical and organisational leadership for the Discovery Research Computational Biology organisation. Place highest priority on projects where Discovery Research CompBio will have strongest impact on progression or achievement of proof of clinical principles. Effective partnerships with internal TAs, TMCP and other functions to deliver analysis plans and data on time and with excellent scientific quality.
* Develops strategic direction/plan for Computational Biology (Mid and Long Term) vetted by an external advisory board. Drives global topics regarding access and use of clinical data for research purposes. Provides updates to the Discovery Research Leadership Committee, and Innovation unite Executive Committee, regarding development and implementation of strategy as well as key gaps (including proposed solutions).
* Chair of Global Computational Biology Committee, which sets the strategic direction of the global Computational Biology Team based on the Innovation Unit aspiration and develops it into an area of strength and differentiation. Ensures globally aligned approach towards the priority areas of NTC and Biomarker identification. Supports biomarker qualification. Provides a strategic framework both for hard- and software solutions which allow cross-functional exchange and state-of-the-art analysis.
* Support presentation of key Comp Bio results at scientific meetings and publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
* Manage the global department operating budget, in alignment with the Steering Committee Sponsors including outsourcing and capital components, to assure that financial and people resources are aligned and managed to achieve delivery goals. Develop a culture of accountability, results, innovation and collegiality within the Computational Biology organization by establishing performance expectations and hiring and developing top talent to achieve organizational delivery goals. Through the leadership of others ensure employees are appropriately trained, following corporate policies, SOPs and practices without compromising quality.
* PhD with minimum 10 years’ experience in biochemistry, informatics.
* Internationally recognised expertise through publications and presentations in the area of computational biology with deep knowledge of target discovery, biomarker discovery and development
* Strong Industry experience essential with additional academic experience accepted.
* Candidate needs to have demonstrated achievement in impacting pipeline development via Computational Biology
* Demonstrated experience and success in supporting programs at various stages in the value chain through computational biology programs
* 10+ year leadership experience leading people at all levels through challenging scientific priorities and objectives
* Proven track record in setting strategic direction and priorities for Computational Biology and a strong international network.
* Experience working in global matrix organizations
For a confidential discussion about this role and company please contacte Eugene Mc Daid tel +44 (0)121 616 3475. The remuneration package for this role is very attractive and will include a bonus scheme, full relocation package and family assistance.
Keywords: Bioinformatics, Genomics, Computational Biology, Executive Director, Global Head, Germany, Target Discovery, Biomarker, Target Discovery
Paramount Recruitment Limited provides services as an agency and an employment business. We regularly have similar roles in this area. Please see our website for details or send your CV in to us to find out the latest opportunities.
Job Reference: EM/GH/COMP/BIO_1525833965
Broadcast As: 117
Salary To: Negotiable
Job Type: Full Time
Job Term: Permanent
Recruitment Consultant: Eugene McDaid