Python Software Developer – Biotechnology
Paramount are working in collaboration with Genomics England as they look to grow their technical team, in order to deliver success with the 100,000 Genomes Project. They currently require a talented Python Software Developer with can bring with them a strong technical background in Python programming, to help build a robust platform for the interpretation of genetic data sets.
The eventual aim of the 100,000 genome project is to deliver a revolutionary “Genomic Medicine” service to the NHS and transform the way people are cared for. Working with a growing technical team, you will be utilising your skills in Python, Rest API development, NoSQL/SQL and front end tools, in order to create innovative Server Web Apps and for the manipulation of large Genomic data sets.
As part of this position, the successful Python Software Developer will:
– Provide high quality , testable and performant software (greenfield development)
Work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation using Agile development processes
– Provide technical expertise on software development and be an active advocate for best development practices
– Carry out development planning and estimating
– Support pair programming and carrying out peer reviews
– Develop services, databases and web applications for:
– Analysing, modelling, searching and presenting clinical and genomic data
– Integrate genomic API
– Design and update software database. This includes, but is not limited to: Software Applications, Web Sites, Data Communication Processes and User Interfaces
– Lead on trouble shooting to ensure effective deployment, maintenance and troubleshooting of software tools in the Research Environment
The successful Python Software Developer should have:
– 3 years experience working as a Full Stack Developer
– Proficiency in Python and associated frameworks
– Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL Databases
– Front End Development skills in JS, HTML, CSS
– REST API Development
For the successful Python Software Developer you can expect a competitive salary and benefits. You will be working with a passionate group of developers and scientists on software which is making a real world difference and revolutionising the Healthcare sector.
If you are interested or would like some more information the don’t hesitate to get in touch with Jack Lacy, via email@example.com or call 0121,616,3467
Paramount Recruitment Limited provides services as an agency and an employment business. We regularly have similar roles in this area. Please see our website for details or send your CV in to us to find out the latest opportunities.
Job Reference: PyGEL_1525840176
Broadcast As: 3048
Salary To: Negotiable
Job Type: Full Time
Job Term: Permanent
Recruitment Consultant: Jack Lacy