Senior Data Scientist – Drug discovery
One of the world’s most prestigious pharmaceutical companies is expanding their drug discovery research facility in Oxford and seeking a Senior Data Scientist to develop and lead a growing Computational/Data Scientist team. In this position, you will be working with large data repositories, using cutting edge data science techniques to discover novel targets.
Senior Data Scientist responsibilities would be:
– providing sophisticated data science methods and advanced statistical analysis of big data for target identification and drug discovery purposes
– communicate discoveries to both external and internal collaborations, including non-bioinformatics teams
– Strengthen external collaborations with academic community
Requirements of the position:
– PhD or Post-Doc in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Mathematics, Physics, Machine Learning, Statistical Genomics or a related discipline
– Advanced statistical ability, with a background in machine learning, deep learning, artificial intelligence, algorithm development
– Expertise working with genomic data, particularly large public data such as from UK BioBank, nPOD, IMPC or similar
– Experience of drug discovery processes or target identification
– Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
This is a fantastic opportunity with a leading global pharmaceutical company that offers a flexible and collaborative work environment, where publishing is actively encouraged. Employees have access to cutting edge technology and have the freedom for creative intellectual independence. For more information on this opportunity, send your CV to Emilie Francis at email@example.com. For an informal chat, call Emilie on 0121 616 3477.
Paramount Recruitment Limited provides services as an agency and an employment business. We regularly have similar roles in this area. Please see our website for details or send your CV in to us to find out the latest opportunities.
Job Reference: EFBioinfxML_1534782490
Broadcast As: 2731
Salary To: Negotiable
Job Type: Full Time
Job Term: Permanent
Recruitment Consultant: Emilie Francis